Hello everyone that I love!! It is almost Christmas and I am loving almost every minute of it now that school is over for 2 weeks. We got Taylor...it was so fun!!! It was wonderful to meet the people that loved him almost as much as we do. We had quite the experience actually meeting up with him. First of all we got snowed in in Chicago. All of the flights to Indy were cancelled except ours (Divine intervention I say) We still had to wait for 2 hours and needless to say our plane was packed. When we got to Indianapolis the storm had passed and the weather was great. We arrived the night before we were supposed to meet him so I thought it would be a good idea to find the mission home that night so we could just drive there in the AM. Well, good idea but we had the address of the mission office not the mission home. It was about 9:00 now and we tried to find a phone (our wonderful silverstar phones wouldn't let us call in Indiana) we found a pay phone and found a phone number but only got a recording. We had no idea where to find our missionary. I was a basket case but of course Martell kept his cool the whole time (good thing) We went back to the hotel and Martell suggested we call the Brog's (there Brother in law was Taylors mission president) Of course they weren't home... so we tried another relative and they had Pres. Simmons call us at the hotel (Pres. Simmons had been released in June so he was home in Logan) By now it was about 10:30. he told us how to find the home so we got in the car and drove by just as the missionaries were leaving the home from a Christmas dinner/testimony meeting. Of course we didn't get to see Taylor. When we got back to our room we had a message from Taylor, (he called while we were out looking for him) he wanted us to come to the mission home and meet his companions and friends. OH POOH I was crazy!!! The next morning we finally found him and it has been great... I really wish that we could have all had Christmas together this year, it would have been good therapy for me and Lari. Maybe next year or someday. I do wish you all a Merry CHRISTMAS we will be thinking about all of you and hopefully we can get together someday someway!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment