Thursday, June 26, 2008

WHAT A SUMMER!!

It's been a long time since I have written anything and I don't know if anyone ever reads this but I think I will make a book of memories from it someday. We have had quite the summer and it is only 1/3 over. We started the summer thinking it was still winter because the temperature didn't get above 40 until about the 17th of June. But it is finally summer and the sun has been shining everyday!!!! YEAH!!!!



Martell got the Spring work done before all of the storms so we were happy to just sit back and watch it rain. It has made for an amazing growth of hay which means a lot of work but also hopefully some income. I guess Klydi, Parker, Taylor and I will be the major swather slaves...Martell is constantly on the phone with either bishop stuff or pipeline stuff. It has helped me to appreciate the times when we can just be together and talk.




My darling family gave me these beautiful flowers (the ones in the vase) for Mother's Day. It was truly a surprise!!!











The lilacs are soooooo pretty this year...hence the photos. I think everything has really liked all the rain we had and the sunshine that has followed


Last Sunday Martell and I had the opportunity to go to the MTC to participate in the setting apart of Danielle and Michele Carter (Martell taught them the gospel and baptized them the night before coming home from his mission) I got to meet Madam Rolande Hebert (the mother of Danielle that I have heard about for 23 years. It was liking meeting an Icon. Elder Holland set them apart and Martell got to stand in the circle. It was so humbling to be able to be in the presence of an Apostle. The place (MTC) was swarming with Apostles... Elder Perry, Elder Scott, Elder Hinckley, Elder Holland. That place has the most amazing feeling in it... everyone needs to experience it. I am just grateful for Martell and the opportunity he gave me to be part of such a neat experience.

1 comment:

Em said...

That's so neat that you got to be there. I wish we could come visit and escape this heat. Maybe next summer, and then we could bring our new baby!


4 of 7 SV Farmers