Tuesday, April 6, 2010

We Went to DC!!!

We got to go to Washington DC. It was so much fun. We stayed with a long time friend of Martell's- Randall Luthi. He is living in Dc working for an energy company as a professional lobbiest, I didn't even know they had jobs like that. He is trying to convince the administration to allow more drilling for oil off shore so that gas prices will not be so high. We stayed in his apartment that was on the Potamoc River, it was gorgeous


Oh I wish that I knew how to make this look better. The Some of my favorite sights were the Smithsonian, and Arlington National Cemetery. I loved the changing of the guard.




I loved the Lincoln Memorial (sorry that it is sideways) and the Viet Nam Wall was HUGE!!! It went forever!!! It was a wonderful trip, I don't know if I will ever have the energy to do it again

. We rode the Metro for most of the places that we went but we still had to walk and walk and walk and walk... I definitely got my exercise!!!


5 comments:

Erica said...

I love DC! I want to go right now so badly because all of the cherry blossoms are blooming. Looks like you guys had a fun trip!

Em said...

I have never been, maybe someday. I'm glad you got to go! When are you going to come visit? The weather is fabulous right now!

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

ah! you should have brought your favorite niece and nephew! haha j/k.

Shums said...

what a lovely trip! i expect ya'll to make another east coast trip sometime in the next 2 years... i'll be lonely!

Lari said...

You are very talented to be able to make a blog. When I first glanced at the first DC picture, I thought Klydi was you and I about dropped my drawers! I thought you were WAY skinny. I selfishly am so glad it was Klydi and not you because I would be too jealous. I am SERIOUS about a road trip in the next year or two while we have relatives back east to stay with!


4 of 7 SV Farmers